• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Transfer Case Linkage Tub

shaddady34

NAXJA Forum User
I PULLED THE DRIVER SIDE CARPET TO EXPOSE THE FOUR TRANSFER CASE LINKAGE TUB BOLTS. WHEN I TRY TO REMOVE THEM FROM INSIDE THE CAB, THE BOLTS JUST SPIN AND DO NOT COME OUT. HOW DO I GET THEM TO COME OUT????

It appears that the bolts holding the tub down go into rivnuts, which are undoubtedly turning in their holes, as rivnuts often do when they get rusty. I think your only option is going to be to cut or grind off the heads, and then either destroy and replace the rivnuts, or try to drill out the remains of the bolts. As far as replacing the rivnuts, you may have problems if the holes are enlarged or rusty, or if you don't have access to the correct tool for putting in new rivnuts. It might end up being a two person job, with someone holding nuts beneath while someone else puts the bolts in from above.

well i really dont want to drill the rivnuts out. How can i remove the green bushing on the torque shaft transfer case bracket. Is it ok the pry it out and wil i be able to just press the new bushing in with basic mechanic tools?

Back