• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Is this a good idea???

XbajajeepX

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I still cant decide on what to get for my 2" lift. At first I was going to go with some HD leafs, 1.5" shackle, and a 2" coil up front.

Now, I am thinking of just getting the rustys 2" lift that comes with 2" coils, 4 shocks, and long AAL's. If I go this route I will buy some new stock leafs that way the AAL's will go on a fresh pack......

Im trying to do this all on a budget too and the second way is cheaper but I want to see what you guys think about the new stock leafs with AAL's.....

if your getting a set of stock leafs, make your own pack mixing your old into the new pack, and get a 2" coil spacer. Cheapest and best way imo.

My old packs are sagging so I dont think it would be a good idea to do that. Is it possible for my current coils to be sagging at all??

stock measurements are 17.5" from center hub to bottom of flare, and 17" in the back.

I have 30" tires stuffed in there now so will that effect the measurment at all?

well, there actually 31's wore down to 30"

nope, thats why you use the center of the wheel and not the ground.

I just went out and measured(its freezing!!)...and the rear is almost 17.5" and the front is 18", my rear springs are def sagging though....The 30"s rub like crazy back there

Your taller than stock....you might want to try to measure again:D

30s will rub on stock suspension. As long as your rears arent inverted, I would still use them to build a pack.

Ramsey said:
As long as your rears arent inverted, I would still use them to build a pack.

I agree, I'd rather build a bastard pack with older springs than use a AAL any day!

The AAL wil put a lot of stress on the pack, ride stiff, and will sag before you know it.

I've had a lot of success using bastard packs over the years at several heights, and am still "kinda" running one.

Here is some reading for ya:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50083

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=903377

My explanation of shackle angles (and my current setup) http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=901160

I measured 4 times with 2 different tape measures......I have read those threads before and there is some very good info in them...

whats the difference of a full length AAL from rustys or another company and an S10 main leaf?

so theres no difference in performance?

The S-10 spring will last longer and ride better. Plus you get several in a pack, so you can play around and get the exact ride height you want. Plus if it does start to sag (all springs do eventually) you will probably have extra leaves lying around to add to it.
An AAL is much thicker and doesn't like to bend.
Granted full legnth AALs are a little better than the short ones, you'd be happier with a real spring in there.
If you are going to buy a pack to do this, try looking for an MJ pack. They probably have the thinnist leaves (most flex) of any stock spring under pack. Being for a spring under application, the leaves will have a higher arch, therefore giving lift. Because they are a softer spring, you may need to add a couple leaves to get your desired height. You are better off with more thin leaves than fewer thick ones.

Back