• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Blue...And i mean Blue lights!!!

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
So almost every night when im driving home, i see this grand cherokee coming like half a mile away. His headlights are CRAZY blue. and when he passes that look stock, with just an upgraded bulb. I have a set of silvania Silverstars and there nice but i want some BLUE bulbs. So what bulbs could this guy have? i want mine to be blue like that. thanks

Paint the rear of your headlamp frenzel lenses with blue "candy" paint. Then install the "Phillips" cool blue lights. (Not sure in the phillips, but available at your local autozone... they are called cool blue).

Remember, the candy coating is important. If you can't find the paint, ask around at body shops. (Not Maaco, the custom places) you want "sky blue candy."

For the record, my buddy did exactly that, and it is badass. The lights are crazy blue at angles, but head on, they are white.

Those blue bulbs are illegal in most states. Silverstars are the closest that are legal, besides HID, but thay are more white than blue. The cheap blue bulbs produce un-useful blue light, silverstars make a nice usable light.

Personally I find those blue lights very annoying and don't understand why in the world anyone would want them. I have silverstars so I can see better, not to look "cool".

If it's your thing, go for it, but I'd leave those blue bulbs for the ricers!

Last edited:
blue light tend to disappear in bad weather thats why lights have some yellow in them. If you want the headlights that come with the delta conversion are blue and they put out decent light. Quadratec had them for like 5 bucks a light

they are called dimond cut lights and canbe found on ebay i got mine for $20.00 they have a blue bulb simular to a marker light under the regular silver star bulb it is wired to the parking lights or a switch but works well for the blue glow as far as brightnes they are silverstar but they look cool even on just parking

I call those people "blinding blue bastards"
coated lamps produce less useful light, and they're freaking annoying to everyone else on the road.

My cousin had some lights that looked purple from a distance. I don't remember what they where, but they did look slick when he was coming toward you. I don't remember them being annoying like the blue lights either.

DON'T GET THE DIAMOND CUT HEADLIGHTS FROM EBAY. They suck major b*lls. I bought them when I first got my XJ because I thought they looked cool. I couldn't see sh*t with them, they have a terrible pattern. I ended up having to adjust my lights to face as far up as possible to get some light to show up in front of my Jeep, but doing this rendered the highbeems useless because they were shining into the trees.

Back