• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

horribal wineing with vid

cutlass30587

NAXJA Forum User
like it says in the title i have a real bad wine in 1st not so bad in 2nd, 3rd 4th and 5th dosent wine hardly at all. I attatched a wheelin vid i had that you can hear the wine twards the end tell me what you think it might be before i have it taken to a shop. its made the noise since i got it. i thought maybe blown rear possibly but not sure???

Click here to see Video

Last edited:
after looking at it some more today it wines in 1st 2nd and 3rd, 4th 5th and reverse are ok. I checked the level in the rear diff which was ok and power steering i know is good. couldn't check level in trans or t-case because i dont have the right tools. It only does it wile moving at any rpm (gets louder with rpm) with clutch fully engauged. So now im thinking more along the lines of bearings in the trans

cutlass30587 said:
after looking at it some more today it wines in 1st 2nd and 3rd, 4th 5th and reverse are ok. I checked the level in the rear diff which was ok and power steering i know is good. couldn't check level in trans or t-case because i dont have the right tools. It only does it wile moving at any rpm (gets louder with rpm) with clutch fully engauged. So now im thinking more along the lines of bearings in the trans

Time for a rebuild! I had the same peoblem, Carrier bearing on the layshaft that holds 1st 2nd and 3rd. take it to a transmission shop.

Back