• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new hi-lift attachment

it would seem to work but the only thingi see is that whenever i put tires on wheels you have to make sure you get the lip of the tire lined up just right...also u will need to have a crow bar type thing to pull the old tire off of the rim...just a few tips...looks like a great product very well made though

How long do you want to be on the trail??? Do you think when you look up after trying to repair the tire then taking it off then mounting the new one there will be anyone around to help you get off the trail, are you gonna bring a bike tire pump to refill it too. I'm not trying to be mean but there is a reason that most clubs require that you carry a fullsize spare, so you don't hold the whole party up while you have a tire party. and no you don't need to carry an extra ten pound piece of scrap metal to break the bead, move the base of your hi lift over so the edge is 1/2" from the rim (the whole base on the tire)and do exactly the same thing

BOOTLEGGER said:
How long do you want to be on the trail??? Do you think when you look up after trying to repair the tire then taking it off then mounting the new one there will be anyone around to help you get off the trail, are you gonna bring a bike tire pump to refill it too. I'm not trying to be mean but there is a reason that most clubs require that you carry a fullsize spare, so you don't hold the whole party up while you have a tire party. and no you don't need to carry an extra ten pound piece of scrap metal to break the bead, move the base of your hi lift over so the edge is 1/2" from the rim (the whole base on the tire)and do exactly the same thing
Or if a buddy's with you have him drive on the tire and let gravity do its thing. There have been times when camping/wheeling Ive had to replace a tire on a rim but it's never fun or fast. Keep a full size spare even an old crappy one is better than all that work. Seems like something I might use at home though.

if you are thinkin about changing a tire on the trail, you must have OBA...that bein said, you can fit a 33" tire DEFLATED behind the rear seat, just inflate and go. if you dont have OBA that product wont help you much anyways.

-Tim

That is HILARIOUS.

Funniest thing I have seen. I am laughing so hard. I'm just sad that I didn't invent it to sell to suckers.

Why can't you either A) have a buddy drive over your tire or B) Use the base of your jack at the lip of the tire. I've been doing that for years. Just put the jack on the sidewall as close to the rim (If not touching) and jack away. POOF!! De beaded tire.

KarlVP said:
Use the base of your jack at the lip of the tire. I've been doing that for years. Just put the jack on the sidewall as close to the rim (If not touching) and jack away. POOF!! De beaded tire.

X2! You don't need any silly adaptor.

bmyohn said:
it would seem to work but the only thingi see is that whenever i put tires on wheels you have to make sure you get the lip of the tire lined up just right...also u will need to have a crow bar type thing to pull the old tire off of the rim...just a few tips...looks like a great product very well made though

You are the guy their marketing team was looking for... Two pieces of metal welded together for $60:laugh2: , to do a job your jack can do by itself.

I have used the base of the hi-lift trick to de bead a tire before....I thought maybe by the looks of the adapter it would make it easier.Looks like it's pretty useless,thanks for the opinions.

BOOTLEGGER: I use a mattress inflater....

I do it a bit backwards, let the axle down on the tire... I don't carry tire irons or anything like that but have gotten a good dose of dirt in the bead and lost air.

jeepnuts311 said:
you can fit a 33" tire DEFLATED behind the rear seat, just inflate and go. -Tim

Mine fits fully inflated, laying flat:

DSC03743.jpg

It is however a very tight fit!

(sorry for the extra post, internet problems)

jeepnuts311 said:
if you are thinkin about changing a tire on the trail, you must have OBA...that bein said, you can fit a 33" tire DEFLATED behind the rear seat, just inflate and go. if you dont have OBA that product wont help you much anyways.

-Tim

i fit my 35" (deflated) in the back w/ the seat up i jsut use a strap to compress it and the hatch closes fine

2 out of the 3 times ive personally seen tires need to be changed it was because of the rim being messed up not the tire

the time it would take to swap a tire off the rim and swap it back is point less on the trail thats the whole reason to have a spare

outlander said:
I have used the base of the hi-lift trick to de bead a tire before....I thought maybe by the looks of the adapter it would make it easier.Looks like it's pretty useless,thanks for the opinions.

BOOTLEGGER: I use a mattress inflater....

For when you get Sleepy ??? You have got to be a riot on trail ;-)

Back