• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

The "What should I bring" thread

sgtmack

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
Some one had to start this one, so I guess it's my turn.

I'm assuming you all know the :NAXJA: required equipment, and you are all smart enough to bring extra socks, but what about spares, tools, beer:wave: ,etc?

I might be able to score a generator to run my little flux core MIG, and a bring a bunch of tools. And spare front axle shafts. I go through those pretty often. If I come prepared, maybe I won't break as much.

Anything else?

Rev Den said:
Chairs for around the fire...seating is usually at a premium.

Rev

Good call.
I'll add that to my list.

Hale

SgtMack, if you don't have the room I can take my generator and welder down with me since I will be using my in-laws 31ft RV to travel this time. I will try to help out with the chairs also. All of my tools, spare parts, and a few spare tires will be along.
Do we need to bring firewood? Or is there some on site? Oh yeah, almost forgot, bring plenty of beer! A friendly reminder to myself, leave Jack Daniels drinking friends at home:D I think that is it.

Kim

I can bring a generator from work, it's a 5000 watt job. I'm also bringing the 16x20 3 room tent, if anyone needs a place to crash.
I have spare d35 shafts I'm bringing that someone can have, they won't fit in the new 8.8.

I can bring firewood.
I'm bringing front shafts for my brother.
and 2 sets of d35 shafts, but I know that I'm about the only guy with a d35 anymore.
I'll be bringing the entire garage worth of tools.

85xjwoody said:
friendly reminder to myself, leave Jack Daniels drinking friends at home:D I think that is it.

No way man!!
2 speed is a hooot!
Hope to see him there!

:cheers:

Well I got my Big Honkin' cooler that I'm bringing, a few extra chairs, my lanteren, what little tools I have, and my quite well stocked electral tool box. I also have an extra pair of coveralls I'm bringing.

87manche said:
I can bring firewood ...
Not sure that is a good idea Nate ... you may also be transporting pests. Besides, FlatNasty supposedly has all the firewood we need.

Les

LBEXJ said:
Not sure that is a good idea Nate ... you may also be transporting pests. Besides, FlatNasty supposedly has all the firewood we need.

Les
true, I just recently found out that I cannot transport firewood from the county, some new sort of bug.
I called the local ag place and asked.
What about a chainsaw? SHould someone bring one?

I will have a cordless impact and sawzall......it would be fun to cut a top off around the campfire.

If I lug my air compressor all the way to FN, is anyone going to use it this time??

:rolleyes:

Hale

seanR said:
We will bring the WK....
BRIANHO13 said:
I will have a cordless impact and sawzall......it would be fun to cut a top off around the campfire.
scoobyxj said:
This post is worthless unless you wheel it!

Don't do it! It will fold up like a taco.

Might look cool though.

Back