• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

leaking fuel line

luvherinmyjeep32

NAXJA Forum User
PICT1345.jpg

the fuel line that connects to the fuel rail (pictured above) is leaking out of the connection. best way to fix?

There are quick connect fittings at your jeep dealer. I tried to get these at the auto part store, and they have to order them, so I went to the dealer and they had them in stock, at least where I live. The trick is to not mess up the o-ring on the quick connect fitting, or you will have to buy another fitting kit, as they do not sell the o-ring seperately. Good luck.

Do *NOT* wait to fix that. Remember the hot exhaust manifold is right under that intake manifold........

ChiXJeff said:
Do *NOT* wait to fix that. Remember the hot exhaust manifold is right under that intake manifold........

The manuals I have (Hayne's and Chilton) say that you must change out the plastic fitting and o-ring everytime you take it off for service or whatever.

And Jeff is right, bad place for a fuel leak (as if there's a good one)

ParadiseXJ said:
The manuals I have (Hayne's and Chilton) say that you must change out the plastic fitting and o-ring everytime you take it off for service or whatever.

And Jeff is right, bad place for a fuel leak (as if there's a good one)
Actually, these o-ring can be gotten through NAPA, Dorman parts (search here and you'll find the part numbers I posted). You can re-use the plastic pieces if you are careful. If you go this route, you'll pay $6 or so per fitting. Do both. There's two o-rings in each fitting, seperated by a plastic spacer. Save the spacer if you go the Dorman route.
Dealer "kits" which include a no-brainer install tool, are about $20 each at my stealership, maybe less on-lne.

Good time to replace fuel injector o-rings (get set of 13 at dealer) as well.

At my dealership it was $13 for the kit and it came with all the o-rings for the fuel rail. Injectors, regulater, and fuel lines

Back