• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steel shims in Arizona?

pma4x4

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know where i could get some Steel shims in Arizona? I got a 3" lift to install and am still looking for shims.

Anyone know the dimensions of shims i need?

Also whats the general opinion of degree i should use.

Specs:
96 Xj
NP231 (style with boot on it)
Chryco 8.25 rear.
3" lift

I searched NAXJA and did not get a real solid answer. someone even said 6 degrees for 3", that seems kinda steep.

ramjet308 said:
Anyone know where i could get some Steel shims in Arizona? I got a 3" lift to install and am still looking for shims.

Anyone know the dimensions of shims i need?

Also whats the general opinion of degree i should use.

Specs:
96 Xj
NP231 (style with boot on it)
Chryco 8.25 rear.
3" lift

I searched NAXJA and did not get a real solid answer. someone even said 6 degrees for 3", that seems kinda steep.
4 Wheelers Supply in Phx has them.I also have a set of each here that I just bought for my sons Toyota!Since you dont have an SYE I would say not more than 3*,but you need to measure the angles to tell.

I saw a thread somewhere here on how to measure but cant find it. Any idea how to do it or what to check. I have not done the lift yet so stock measurements can be taking if needed.

ramjet308 said:
Anyone know where i could get some Steel shims in Arizona?

Why not just order them from Rubicon Express? That's what I did, granted I had to wait for a couple days... Do you just need them soon?

Scott

What I would recommend, is getting both of which (if you can afford it)... Install the lift, and then decide which one you're going to need if you need them at all. There is a possibility you might not.

My .02

Scott

Shims and Homemade T-Case drop kit i can afford. A SYE and drive shaft i cannot. this is why i am trying to figure this out.

I will do lift with out shims. and no T-case drop. if i get vibes then i will do the T-Case drop. if not then i will do the shims with and without the T-case. I prefer not to drop the T-case as it gives more stuff to drag on. but I am not planning on rock crawling with this. Its getting built more for Safari style.

I appriciate all the info here guys. Once i hit the trails i will be joining up.

Back