• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

are the leaf eye bolts grade 8?

Not sure about the 5's, but check Home Depot... we picked up some 8's for mine from there. They threaded in better since that stupid nut on the frame started to get goofy.

caz said:
Not sure about the 5's, but check Home Depot... we picked up some 8's for mine from there. They threaded in better since that stupid nut on the frame started to get goofy.

my worry is that they'll bend and be a bear to get out, but the rear shackle metal isn't all that thick to begin with so I don't know if that bolt really takes a lot of force or not.

philip_g said:
I needed bolts in a pinch and napa only had 5's. I'm wondering if these babys will hold or if I should be worried.

Not sure about the grade 8's, but if you NEED some in a pinch, then the 5's will be fine while you look for some 8's.

Just my $.02...

vetteboy said:
Pretty sure mine were metric....

Yep they are 14mm x 2.0, I got mine at Lowes.

the whole problem came about when some moron had uhaul put a hitch on, with the hitch in the way the bolts don't come out so I cut them.

Could not get that stupid hitch off.

F.W.I.W.
Our local "family" hardware store has the best selection on bolts, nuts, nutcerts, etc. in metric and inches, in stainless, brass and steel, sold by the piece and often at better prices than the "big guys".

I try to keep some of my $'s where they might come back to me.

Mike

They are metric 10.9's.

Back