• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Searched and Still need help

mgreen84

NAXJA Forum User
Searched but only found threads on swapping for the 99+ intakes.

I have an old 89 Laredo 4.0 Auto that is just plain tired after 230k, so I am in the process of changing the engine over to a salvaged one out of a 93 that was totaled in the rear only has 23k on it (lucky find). The intakes are a little different ( sure you gurus are aware) but i would like to make this a simple engine swap, but still get the round throttle body (mines the triangle-shaped mess) Seeing that the TB and Intake and Sensors are a little different, will it be easier to just swap the intakes and stick with the 89's setup or what ?? thanks for any help

mgreen84 said:
Searched but only found threads on swapping for the 99+ intakes.

I have an old 89 Laredo 4.0 Auto that is just plain tired after 230k, so I am in the process of changing the engine over to a salvaged one out of a 93 that was totaled in the rear only has 23k on it (lucky find). The intakes are a little different ( sure you gurus are aware) but i would like to make this a simple engine swap, but still get the round throttle body (mines the triangle-shaped mess) Seeing that the TB and Intake and Sensors are a little different, will it be easier to just swap the intakes and stick with the 89's setup or what ?? thanks for any help

Hey search again there is alot of info here. From what I understand to get a HO manifold to work you need to use the TPS from your Renix and "make it work":spin3: Don't forget that your 89 has an EGR valve so either plug hole in exhaust or use exhaust including O2 sensor from donor vehicle. Everything else must be from your 89 so your computer works. There is still a question whether the IAC can be used from HO or if you have to use Renix. Help out people if I missed anything.
I want to do this swap but with my good running Renix motor with a spare HO manifold I have lying around....May just work. I'm sure I missed alot of stuff....Like throttle control......hmmmm.....uhhh......tranny shift cable.....

OK thanks guys. I just printed like 58 pages of stuff that I believe will be helpful, but still have one questioned that alot of the threads did not touch on. If I decide to just use all my Renix parts (throttle body, intake, etc.) will everything bolt up and be plug and play on the HO engine. Everyone else thinks the opposite direction, of course to gain the better HO intake and such, but for the sake of ease would it be possible to use the renix hardware on an HO engine?

Back