• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Case history: Up-Country-esque spring upgrade

steveC

NAXJA Forum User
I've been getting ready to do a spring repair/upgrade in out '94 XJ for some time, and *finally* got a chance to do the basic installation over last weekend. This was to remove the tired/sacked stock springs, and install new springs that collective wisdom here said should be the rough equivalent of the factory Up-Country package when it was new.

(This was CarQuest CC782 fronts, and the LT/52002392 rear leaves that came from RigidSteel, which are actually Crown parts with the number scratched off...).

They're in; not quite what I expected, but definitely an improvement. For what I want this Jeep to do, I think there's a little more work to do yet. I replaced bushings while in there, and still have ball joint/trackbar/tie-rod replacements to do yet to finish off my chassis work.

I've learned SO much from here, I thought maybe I should do my part and chronicle some of this for reference. So, photos and text are over at a page I put up, see http://www.mindspring.com/~steve.c/jeep/springs/index.html

Not sure what I want to do with it yet, we haven't experimented with it enough to know what works and doesn't. Over the next few weeks, we'll play with it and see how it works out, and make updates.

Back