• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Holidays are over, work party time. Walker Valley ORV area jan 20th.

KarlVP

NAXJA Forum User
9 Am at the Main parking area.

Chainsaws and winches please.

Any questions, please reply here and I will answer them as soon as possible.

This is the first of a few work parties this year that the DNR will track hours on so we can get grants to improve and maintain the area. The more folks that show up, the more hours we get = the more money we get.

Thanks in advance.

-Karl

im trying to make but i have to see about work. the navy can be a real pain in my ass..

bean8104 said:
im trying to make but i have to see about work. the navy can be a real pain in my ass..

I'm in the Navy too. You know how to get rid of that PITA feeling.....?

Shore Duty.
icon10.gif

IXNAYXJ said:
How late do you think you'll be there?

-----Matt-----

Yeah, it's not like it's super far from Michael's place... You thinking what I am? If I weren't working I'd head up for most of the day and get some good grub/conversation on the way home. :)

ECKSJAY said:
Yeah, it's not like it's super far from Michael's place... You thinking what I am? If I weren't working I'd head up for most of the day and get some good grub/conversation on the way home. :)
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll head up in the morning at lend a hand before heading over to Michaels, then back to wheel on Sunday. We'll see how things pan out in the meantime.

-----Matt-----

IXNAYXJ said:
Yeah, I'm thinking I'll head up in the morning at lend a hand before heading over to Michaels, then back to wheel on Sunday. We'll see how things pan out in the meantime.

-----Matt-----

x2

IXNAYXJ said:

-----Matt-----

X3. It would be nice to have a few NAXJA guys out there, plus it might give us a better idea of where to run on sunday.

Karl,
Who is putting this clean up together? What trails or areas of the trails are we going to be working on? Are we doing the Jeep/4wd trails only or does this extend to the MC trails? I'm glad to see this happening, and to get a chance to give back to my local trails.
Ryan

Blkxjkrawler said:
Karl,
Who is putting this clean up together? What trails or areas of the trails are we going to be working on? Are we doing the Jeep/4wd trails only or does this extend to the MC trails? I'm glad to see this happening, and to get a chance to give back to my local trails.
Ryan

The PNW4WDA is putting it on. Headed up by Ed Tenney of the Timber Tamers and Elyse Fleenor of the DNR will be there.

I won't be there as I have a work party to go to at Elbe. We have to clear the busywild trail from all the deadfall. Other folks from my club will be at walker though.

Karl,

Thanks for posting this information!!
I was really trying to make this happen, unfortunatly I am already double booked for the morning and I am hosting the NAXJA party that afternoon evening.

I really wish I could be there!!

Matt,
maybe you could put a calander together of clean ups or something so that we could be more aware of them as a club and decide how we are going to support them?

Michael

2xtreme said:
Matt,

maybe you could put a calendar together of clean ups or something so that we could be more aware of them as a club and decide how we are going to support them?
Definitely something I need to do, but I'm just not sure where to find that information. I had talked briefly with Karl about it a while ago, but I never pursued it. Everything seems so balkanized it's daunting, but PNW4WDA is probably a good place to start...?

-----Matt-----

matt, we will probly be taking the ferry since it will save time and gas. I might have a wrangler with me too, I think you met him the red headed guy with the sage wrangler on my old tires.

I can help out Saturday. I'll sharpen up my chain. So we are just meeting at the trailhead at 9?

Not sure if I'll make it to Michaels for the party. Maybe.

IXNAYXJ said:
Definitely something I need to do, but I'm just not sure where to find that information. I had talked briefly with Karl about it a while ago, but I never pursued it. Everything seems so balkanized it's daunting, but PNW4WDA is probably a good place to start...?

-----Matt-----

I can keep you folks posted. We usually have about 1 cleanup / work party a month at various areas.

After the PNW4WDA winter convention (Feb 11th) we will have a better schedule nailed down.

KarlVP said:
I can keep you folks posted. We usually have about 1 cleanup / work party a month at various areas.

After the PNW4WDA winter convention (Feb 11th) we will have a better schedule nailed down.

Thanks Karl.
This is something that WE as a club want to start getting more involved in and support. Unfortunately for us to support these activities as group (rather than a few of us making several of these) we need more notice.

Much of these are scheduled in advance and PNW4WDA has a publication (I don't get it anymore) that used to list clean-ups. I assume this is the Feb 11th thing you are talking about where much of this becomes more clear?

Michael

Back