• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fender trim

bluebullet6

NAXJA Forum User
What kind of materials have people used as a finishing edge on their trimmed fenders? I've noticed people using a sort of door trim on the cut edge of the fender. Anybody know where I can get stuff like that?

Also, those of you with bushwackers, the rubber trim that goes between the jeep and the flare is $38 bucks. I took my bushwackers off and repainted them, and threw out the rubber trim because it was starting to fall apart and fall off. Now I've been looking for some less expensive option to replace that rubber trim. Any ideas?

I used proteckto trim and bought mine from Dirk at DPG offroad. I am 100% satisfied with it so far. It looks awesome,almost a factory look to it.Goes on real easy and hides the imperfections in my trimming work.

I bought a roll of door trim from Pep Boys for like $15. It's supposed to be self-adhesive, but I used some clear silicone along the fender edge before applying the trim. Then I put some more silicone along the trim on the backside of the fender.

No...you want the trim that is kinda U-shaped.

The protecto trim I used was just flat, no lip, no u shape. Basically a small body molding. When I trimmed the rear I trimmmed right to the weld seam and it left me enough of a flat area to install the trim. It has a excellent adhesive similar to the 3m tape stuff. I suppose if you did the fold type trim job on the rear you could use this trim to as long as you have a flat surface.

Back