• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LCA'S hitting lower shock mount/coil bucket?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
I installed a 3" inch lift on my 92 xj. new shocks for the lift were also installed. I have noticed on my LCA's there are marks where the coil bucket/lower shock mount have been coming into contact with each other. I am talking about normal driving,not trail riding or flexing of any kind. Is this normal,and if not what can I do to fix it? thanks

Cut the back of the bucket off. Don't take too much, just enough to create clearance.

the RE arms are offset a bit on the axle side to alleviate this, if yours are offset maybe they are upside down? If they are not offset then do as dirk says

You whack off at an angle just behind where the lower shock mounts. You remove the corner to gain clearance, but not weakening the shock mount.
You're jeep will droop alot better after doing this. I do it to all my Dana 30s.

Sounds like you didn't replace your control arms and are running the stockers, or you did one and not the other. Adjustable UCA's will straighten things out.

ok. thanks guys.I am using the stock LCA's was just wondering if I had done something wrong with the way I put the lift on.

I found the same problem when I just finished my lift last month. Since I wanted to get max droop with the shocks I was getting, I bought a set of JKS lower arms. I did measurements of before and after. Changing nothing else other then the lower arms (after the lift was installed) I gained 3" of extra droop (went from shock mount to shock mount to measure). I was at 23" between the mounts when the stock arm would bind, to 26". Having the added benefit of adjusting the arm length from 15 3/4" to 16" helps with alignment and since the JKS arms pivot, no binding issues when flexed out.

My .02 worth. YMMV :D

Back