• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Hi lift Mount

If I had Thule bars and didn't want any other kind of rack system (like a basket), I think I'd just drill through the bars. I'd put a fairly long bolt in (from the bottom, up). Then I'd thread a nut on from the top to keep the bolt from going anywhere. Maybe use a fat washer on top of the nut and then throw the Hi Lift up there. Put another fat washer and a nut on top to secure it all. If you want, you could even drill through a bolt and install a small lock. Make sense?

At least that way it's super low budget, it's not gonna fawk up the Thule rack AND you can still take it off and put the Surco on if you need it for storage.

i just drilled a hole threw hockey pucks and then drill wholes threw and stock rack and used long bolts to hold it down

2 hockey pucks-Free
2 3 1/2 grade 8 bolts- i forgot.....but it was cheap

sam

and dont forget nuts

ttocsnekia said:
Yeah, I have a surco rack, but took it off because of kayaks and ski rack. Plus I have a spare 32" but I run 35's. Good idea
Scott

Don't know about the spare but, the Thule cross bars would work well with the previous suggestion. I just used stainless fasteners from my local tractor supply and had holes drilled in the bolts to use a lock and cross pin to keep the wing nuts from backing off.

ebaef546.jpg

I also recommend losing the stock cotter pin that holds the base on the jack because mine could be removed with nothing but, my fingers. That base could be hazardous if, it came off at 65 mph. I visited tractor supply to get a pin to secure it. It's the same one I use on my shackles to keep them from backing out at the wrong time.

ecd5c391.jpg

Back