• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

up 2 more inches

cherokeeproject

NAXJA Forum User
im preparing to go mudding with a couple of my friends later on this weekend and was hoping to install my 2" budget boost system before i go. (cos and blocks for the rear) on top of my RE 2" lift giving me 4 inches of lift total. im pretty sure the brake lines will be fine but my main concern was the driveshaft angle? will it be ok? i also have a 1" Tcase drop that will be installed at the same time.

any insight will be greatly appreciated.

thanks, josh

i just have to say for golly-g-wizards. i hope the existing 2" lift doesnt have blocks already. its NOT a good idea to stack blocks, as in not safe.

on a lighter note though. if your existing lift is an AAL, and you put a block on top of that, expect a good bit of settling. stock xj leaves dont love blocks or AALs (especially short) to begin with. my recomendation is that when $$ permits, get a new rear leaf pack and remain worry free. it would probably have a bit better flex too.

hth

cherokeeproject said:
I'm pretty sure the brake lines will be fine

If you're using stock lines I'd check this out very carefully; cycling the suspension through as much as possible on jackstands.

I just added 2.5" to my stocker and relocated the front brake line mounts as far down on the framerail as I could. At full droop with the wheel turned to full lock the outside wheel (rear of tire pointerd outward) the brake hose was fully extended/ taught.

I know you're running mud so you probablydont have a whole lot of full droop situations planned, but if your suspension unloads in a bounce you might snap a hose.

the rear probably has room as long as you are using the entension bracket on the frame-side mount.

stewie said:
i just have to say for golly-g-wizards. i hope the existing 2" lift doesnt have blocks already. its NOT a good idea to stack blocks, as in not safe.

on a lighter note though. if your existing lift is an AAL, and you put a block on top of that, expect a good bit of settling. stock xj leaves dont love blocks or AALs (especially short) to begin with. my recomendation is that when $$ permits, get a new rear leaf pack and remain worry free. it would probably have a bit better flex too.

hth

no i dont already have blocks. its RE 2" lift coils and an aal for the rear. and yes i do plan on purchasing new leafs for the reare when $$ permits. i was thinking of going with big off roads 4" leafs

WTF said:
If you're using stock lines I'd check this out very carefully; cycling the suspension through as much as possible on jackstands.

I just added 2.5" to my stocker and relocated the front brake line mounts as far down on the framerail as I could. At full droop with the wheel turned to full lock the outside wheel (rear of tire pointerd outward) the brake hose was fully extended/ taught.

I know you're running mud so you probablydont have a whole lot of full droop situations planned, but if your suspension unloads in a bounce you might snap a hose.

the rear probably has room as long as you are using the entension bracket on the frame-side mount.

i will check. i believe that i have the extended stainless steel brake lines but i will def. double check b4 i get started. i was just wondering about the driveshaft angle.

Back