• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

99xj/07 commander

I don't believe they are. And besides youll still have to pay 07 prices because I doubt you'll find many commanders in junk yards yet and if you do they probably have body damage.

Isnt the comander a whole different vehicle anyways?? O yeah, it is. You would be lucky if any one part was swappable. The xj was designed in 84 by AMC. The commander was designed in what, 04? By Chrysler, you can try to swap body parts, and tell us how it goes. :)
-Jerry

the headlight size is actually very close in size to the xj's headlight bezel area...i'm waiting for my dad's work to get commander headlights in stock to test it out. i had someone measure them for me and there is very little difference...the only thing is where the blinker light on the bottum is angled, but some fiberglass or some type of filler will take care of that. i got the idea when i saw the quadratech christmas xj magazine and they had a pic with the headlights completely covered and it looked like the commander.

JrTxJ said:
the headlight size is actually very close in size to the xj's headlight bezel area...i'm waiting for my dad's work to get commander headlights in stock to test it out. i had someone measure them for me and there is very little difference...the only thing is where the blinker light on the bottum is angled, but some fiberglass or some type of filler will take care of that. i got the idea when i saw the quadratech christmas xj magazine and they had a pic with the headlights completely covered and it looked like the commander.

So there is hope:clap:. What about the grill? the hood looks almost exactly the same.

i doubt they made them the same overall size...but anything can fit with some fab work. go to jeepforum and make a thread in the commander section asking them to take some measurements for you. i highly doubt anything will be close to bolt on, but i'll let you know when i get my hands on some headlights.

Why not just buy a commander and hack and build it up? I think they'd make excellent trail rigs when they are old enough for people to guiltlessly cut it up. I'd wheel one, they look sweet lifted.

Just bolt on the Jeep 2500 stuff.

007.jpg

Back