• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler bearings questions

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
OK, not muffler bearings but rather questions about exhaust. I have a really beatup exhause in my jeep right now which needs replacing. Unfortunately my knowledge of exhaust systems is rather limited so I'm looking for suggestions. Here is what I need:
1. New muffler
2. New cat

My requirements? Simple:
1. ODBII compliant
2. cheap
3. small profile

Thanks

Was watching trucks yesterday and the muffler company that advertises with them was advertising the D50, D70 and an off road armoured muffler wrapped in diamondplate. No idea of the cost but the armour got my interest. My 98 is starting to go and as soon as I get a few bucks I'll take it over to my customers shop and bend some pipe.

RichP said:
Was watching trucks yesterday and the muffler company that advertises with them was advertising the D50, D70 and an off road armoured muffler wrapped in diamondplate. No idea of the cost but the armour got my interest. My 98 is starting to go and as soon as I get a few bucks I'll take it over to my customers shop and bend some pipe.

that's the flowmaster offroad muffler, I saw it too.

42541OR.jpg

I have a regular old flowwy and damn, that thing is THICK. I've used it before as a skid plate and just had to have a shop redo the tubing so it wouldn't be so close to the floor and burn the carpet.

Unless you have a leak in your header you won't notice much of a difference with an aftermarket one.

I picked up a high flow cat from summitracing and a catback from Rustys with a flowmaster. I dig the way it sounds. Even big truck guys compliment the rumble.

I had a crack in my header and went for a Borla. No complaints but like I said, didn't feel much of a difference power wise.

IIRC, IntrepidXJ posted a picture of his exhaust within the last few months. I know nothing about it other than I remember it being very small.

Might try searching under his name.

Edit: I can't find it, maybe he'll chime in.

Last edited:
Back