• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1993 4.0 h.o. swap into 1990 xj

towlie

NAXJA Forum User
went out and wrecked my 93-totalled! bought a clean 1990 with hi-miles.my 93 has a 4.0 h.o.with 100k and my question is a direct swap(with ecm) possible or is it more trouble than its worth?need to know as i have to get ride of the wrecked one soon

If the engine in the 90 is still running strong and its a good engine, i would not swap it. What i would do, is get the engine, harness, and computer and hold on to them. I would look at rebuilding that engine or stroking it for a future mod. BUT, do not do it if you do not think you will ever do it AND/OR you do not have space for it. You could always sell it or bring it to a local junk yard and get some credit for it or for a later purchase?

I would get as many usable items off of the Heep and sell the parts. The engine, tranny, axles, transfer case, etc, etc.... Everyone always needs parts.

Back