• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel Injector Help

wac1977

NAXJA Forum User
I need some serious help. I just bought new injectors off the internet. My jeep was running good before I started. I changed all the injectors with a set that I bought off the internet. Now the jeep sounds like it is running on like 4 or 5 cylinders. Anybody have a clue what I might have done wrong or something I might be able to try. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks.

are you sure you plugged them all back in the right way? I did just that after I had to replace my exhaust manifold.

Let the jeep idle and try swapping them 2 at a time and listen for the motor to smooth out or run even rougher. also be prepared to clear your check engine light after you have finished swapping the plugs.

Dried out injectors have a tendancy to stick. Run a can of BG44K through the gas. It never fails to clean them up in short order.

Alright, I took my new injectors off and put the old ones back on. Now they leak even worse, but the truck runs fine. Now I think I either got the wrong part or some bad injectors. If anyone has the ability to cross refernce part numbers and can give me a hand I would appreciate it. The injectors were made by Crown and the part number is 65-1228. I noticed that the injector that I bought had four nozzles on it, and the old ones only had one. I don't know if this makes a difference or not but I thought it might be worth mentioning. Any help here would be great. Thanks.

I went to the local pull it yourself junk yard and got a set of injectors and a fuel rail. I installed them and the truck runs now but there is a hesitation when you first press on the accelerator. After a second it passes and the truck accelerates fine. It does it everytime you press the gas though. I put in a new set of plugs and checked all the electrical connections that I had disconnected when changing the fuel rail. I still can't figure out what is going on. Any help on this would be great. Thanks.

I've been getting a cylinder # one misfire code for several months. I get the hesitation like you descrbe and motor runs slightly rough. Tried plugs, wires, distributor cap, rotor, seafoam, other fuel injector cleaners. No help. After reading Old Mans recommendation on BG44K I bought some and added a can at fill up. I went about seven miles to the store. When I came out and cranked the jeep the miss was gone, check engine light was off, and no more hesitation. If you are still having your problem I would highly recommend the BG44K. I'm sure not everyone will get that kind of results but it was like a miracle cure for my heap and worth every penny of the 19 bucks! Thanks Old Man!!

Back