• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trailer

XJWheelie

NAXJA Forum User
I'm looking for a trailer to tow behind my XJ so that I can haul more stuff. Things like camping gear and whatnot when I'm going to be gone for some time. I found the Adventure Horizon, but it's kind of pricey. Looks like a good trailer, but before I put a bunch of money into it I thought that I'd post here and see if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks,
Robert

I took an old boat trailer and converted it. Just put 4 pieces of angle iron going flat from frame to frame, put some 3/4 ply wood on it, and then put some side boards on it. I have a very small pickup type camper that is self contained(no fridge or bathroom) that is the same size as a topper for a pickup that im going to put on it. That will be the wheeling trailer for us.

Put all the tools needed for breakage, and hopefully a small generator, pancake air compresser, and window ac in it. Then stock it will axle shafts, drive shafts, and maybe a junk yard tie rod. My jeep is my dd rig and my trail rig, so i have to be able to fix what i break, and get home. I think this will be alot handier than trying to haul everything in the jeep.

Back