• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

OEM jeep parts now online

Ecomike

NAXJA# 2091
NAXJA Member
I hope this isn't old news for the rest of you. Every time I have tried to buy or even shop for OEM parts it required a long drive across town to a stealership, no pre-internet shopping......, you know the routine.

Well I was at the stealership today picking up parts and complaining and asking when one of the stealerships was going to join the modern age. Well I just searched the Stealership's online parts catalogue for 1987 Wagoneer XJ, obscure body parts, like door/window seal parts and was amased :angel: at what I can access online now from the stealership. It even lists prices:geek: with over the web order capability:shocked:.

Don't know if any other stealerships have done this, but thought some of you (if you are like me and dread driving 50 miles with a broke jeep hoping to get there to pick up parts before it breaks :shiver:) might want to know about this.

The one I found is in Houston, Tx at: http://www.riveroaksparts.com/

Has anyone found any other Jeep stealerships that have done this yet?

Why not just download one (or more) of the parts manuals here http://www.xjjeeps.com/tech_reference.asp?section=2&ID=0 and use the part numbers to search the internet. The prices of the few things I checked on that site you linked to were absolutely ridiculous (not your fault, of course). $55.48 for a lower control arm? Quadratec has the same thing for $19.99. Also, it won't accept any of the OEM part numbers I've entered.

My local dealer doesn't have any of the online parts manual part numbers on thier computer system either. They have the same parts diagrams but not the same numbers.

Timber said:
Why not just download one (or more) of the parts manuals here http://www.xjjeeps.com/tech_reference.asp?section=2&ID=0 and use the part numbers to search the internet. The prices of the few things I checked on that site you linked to were absolutely ridiculous (not your fault, of course). $55.48 for a lower control arm? Quadratec has the same thing for $19.99. Also, it won't accept any of the OEM part numbers I've entered.

But they list everything before and after my year, :rattle: 1987.

I buy at my local dodge dealer, sometimes, he gives me a pretty good break on prices, mostly because I talked their parts manager into stocking jeep parts, nothing fancy, just normal stuff then mentioned to some of my customers and other jeep owners that he has alot in stock, started a pretty good Jeep parts business out of a dodge dealer. Nearest Jeep dealer is 30mi one way south and 40mi in the other three directions.
As far as the internet stuff, yea, that too, provided it's for a planned project or I have enough lead time to order it.

There are a ton of places that have a limited selection of parts. None that I've found that actually list every nut and bolt like you can find if you walk into a dealership.

gjxj said:
There are a ton of places that have a limited selection of parts. None that I've found that actually list every nut and bolt like you can find if you walk into a dealership.
True, but those parts manuals list them, along with their sizes, which you can then use to find them at places like Ace Hardware, NAPA, et cetera.

Timber said:
You're right, and I don't have it either. Weird. I never noticed that I'm missing that one.

The 88-90 manual is marked wrong. Inside on the first page it says it's for 1987-90 Jeeps.

gjxj said:
<snort> MOST dealerships only stock parts if they can move them in 30 days. Their accountants won't let them stock the lesser used parts as that's a big liability on the balance sheet.

I got spoiled outside of Chicago. I discovered a small dealer that sells Jeeps. Unfortunately, all they sell are used, as D/C tried to force them to become a full line dealer. "We sell Jeeps. ONLY Jeeps." Since something like 1952. D/C pulled their new vehicle franchise. Ted has the *BEST* stocked Jeep parts department I've ever found. Come to think of it, I don't think I've found a stock part yet that he didn't have on the shelf, including an 8.25 pinion yoke.

Back