• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Shocks to get for the RE 5.5" EXTREME-DUTY KIT

klennop

NAXJA Forum User
I was wondering what shocks I should get if I decide to get this kit. I would like a good shock, nothing that is just OK or alright. How do I know what size to look for? I would be running 33's if that makes a difference. Also I am not a hardcore wheeler but I will be going on trails and mud.

Thanks for the help.

Not sure about for the 5.5 but the old man emu shocks i have for my 3.5 are way better than my buddies pro comps. I say the old man emu is an affordable good shock, unless you want to go crazy with a shock with the seperate fluid chamber and all....those tend to be expensive, i say go old man emu.

YMMV said:
Look into the Bilsteins 5150.

That's what I'll do up front with the Rancho 9000's out back. :cheers:

Check out eshocks.com

What size would I look for, is there anything else I should know when buying shocks? Also Are the Rubicon Express Shocks any good??

Last edited:
Bilstein all the way. I don't know what size you will need but I would guess 10" but then again everyone is different so measure!!!! I ran ome's on my jeep cherokee with the 5.5" re lift and they were too short and limiting my travel. Best shock I ever owned but too short!!!!-------------Kyle

another for Bilsteins, my Monotubes are rough riders.

Well then I would like to start pricing stuff out, but does anyone know the size I would need? Even the rubicon express shocks for the kit come in different sizes??

klennop said:
Well then I would like to start pricing stuff out, but does anyone know the size I would need? Even the rubicon express shocks for the kit come in different sizes??

order from:

www.jeepinoutfitters.com

and you'll get the right size shocks.

I have the Extreme 5.5 with OME's all around and have no complaints about the shocks. My rear leafs are the things that are sagging. The OME's have a nice ride for daily driving, but have held up fine to the wheeling I have done over the last 2.5 years. If you are interested, you will need the N35L for the front and N36L for the rear.

Brad

Back