• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ Trailer /camper mod

Frankkl

NAXJA Forum User
I did see 1 or 2 pics of XJ trailer but did anybody did it. I was thinking of getting a cheap XJ for some parts and gut it and cut the front clip off to make a camper-trailer. It more to have a bed and storage. I would attached a tent to it on the side to make a kind of kitchen. Any idea or pics of any?

yep i have pics of such a trailer i can email em to ya i dont have them hosted anywhere. Or if you find out where for me to get them hosted at and the its free and not a bitch to fill out the memebership its about time i got some pics of crap online.

motorcityxj said:
yep i have pics of such a trailer i can email em to ya i dont have them hosted anywhere. Or if you find out where for me to get them hosted at and the its free and not a bitch to fill out the memebership its about time i got some pics of crap online.

www.imageshack.us No need to register but if you want to store your pics and be able to get at them, then you need to register register.

in terms of work i would do a m101 trailer if its just you sleeping and you are gonna combine with a tent, maybe even chop the m101 to make wider and longer and make a pop convertible top.

if i was gonna do an xj trailer i would think of maybe doing an MJ long bed with a top on it. That would get you 8 feet to sleep in.

If yout gonna do the 2 door xj chop as i posted i would skip the time of cab of a mj and rear of two door xj, i would simply put a rear hatch on the fron of a choped xj, so you have a hatch on either side. That seems easiest to me.

2jq4.jpg

readily available military surplus trailer m101a

m101atrailerrs6.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a photochop somebody did a couple of years ago. I thought it looked cool.

xjtrailer.jpg

That was GOJEEP's, check out his web site He has the ssickest trailer I think any one has ever done. Its not an Xj but its realy nicely built. And he has blue prints on how to make it

He he, now that is long now!
There is this one to after someone was inspired by my bad photo chop.

XJwithTrailer.jpg

MAN i have been think the same thing lately.

It all started when i went to the TOYS 4 TOTS in chicago and some guy had a camo tj on 35's pulling a camo tj trailer on 35's he chopped from the front bumper to the firewall.

all you guys are getting rid of the doors

i was thinking more along the lines of Getting a 2 door , Chop it to the firewall, ANY KEEP THE DOORS

that way you could

1. get it and out
2. sleep in it
3. store extra crap
4. look better IMO

I have an MJ truck bed trailer that I found for sale on the side of the road for 300 bucks. It works great and came with a 4.5 inch lift. perfect!

These are are Canadian trailers. The Canadian Forces sold all of them for 200 to 300$ and people are now resaling them for 800 or 900$. I think they weigh about 500lbs.

steelmen said:
MAN i have been think the same thing lately.

It all started when i went to the TOYS 4 TOTS in chicago and some guy had a camo tj on 35's pulling a camo tj trailer on 35's he chopped from the front bumper to the firewall.

all you guys are getting rid of the doors

i was thinking more along the lines of Getting a 2 door , Chop it to the firewall, ANY KEEP THE DOORS

that way you could

1. get it and out
2. sleep in it
3. store extra crap
4. look better IMO

I'm with you on this, I am the proud recipient of a FREE two door XJ that matches my daily driver perfectly, plus all the parts I wanted/needed for my DD!!

I mean to chop the front off at the fire wall and keep everything aft of that. My biggest concern is tongue weight.

I wonder if I'll have to move the axle forward?

Frankkl said:
These are are Canadian trailers. The Canadian Forces sold all of them for 200 to 300$ and people are now resaling them for 800 or 900$. I think they weigh about 500lbs.

We have a military? I thought we just had guys who trained to do "Peacekeeping" for the U.N.

Back