• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

do you really have to weld these extesions on?

timk578

NAXJA Forum User
i have a full traction 6 long arm kit that is complete except for the brackets that extend off the axle that have to be welded on in order to connect your swaybar......those extensions only reach about an inch and a half past the existing ones....would it hurt my front end to just bolt it up with the old ones untill i can find somone to weld the new ones on (i live in kodiak, AK) .....help

Jason-RJR said:
just pick up a 99 dollar set of swaybar disconnects.
And what good will that do after the drag link bends the crap out of the bracket and starts eating away at the TRE?I know you run a shop but you dont have a clue whats going on here!A longer set of WHAT?You do work at a shop and try to promote your products??Its not the "links" that are a problem its the axle brackets!

Last edited:
RCP Phx said:
And what good will that do after the drag link bends the crap out of the bracket and starts eating away at the TRE?I know you run a shop but you dont have a clue whats gioing on here!

Well, i don't run a shop, but from what I can see anyways, the XJ full traction kit has swaybar disconnects with it, so suggesting that was pointless anyways. Do these brackets move the mounting location up or to the front/rear?

Last edited:
DirtyMJ said:
Simple solution is to trash the front sawybar.

You don't need it anyways - if you really are on a budget.

true, i'd only really worry about it if it were a daily driver and I was putting alot of street mileage on it.

if it was a weekend toy, trail rig sorta thing I would just toss it.

it is a daily driver...that i wheel on the weekends but on the twisty roads off alaska i need a swaybar....ive been driving without one and it is dangerous in the snow....and the one guy is right longer disconnects would work ....BUT I DONT HAVE 100 BUCKS!!!!! The extension makes the bracket off the axle reach higher.

Back