• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

WHERE TO BEGIN........

MountainRhino

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys how is everyone?? I just bought my first jeep and i'll tell you i love it. Its a 1990 stock limited. ive been beating up vehicles on trails for about 2 years, but i want to do this one right. I have so many plans for my truck but i dont know where to begin. at this point i have a cheap roof rack and a set of BFG A/T's off of my old whip. but since we arn't all rolling in the dough, i was wondering if you all could throw me your best insights of where to start. Thanks for your input guys, I'm sure i will be talking to everyone here quite often.
New XJ owner,
Nick-Va.
:NAXJA:

I'm sure you will recieve several different replies, but if I were in your shoes here is what I would do:

1) Make all necessary repairs to make it road worthy, if anything needs to be done. Tires, brakes, tune up, etc.

2) Save your money, and buy the right quality parts the first time without cutting corners. I feel thats the BIGGEST mistake people make, trying to cut corners, going cheap, and then regretting it later.

3) Ad smaller upgrades as funds come available until you can afford the lift and tire package. Such as recovery equipment, skids, etc.

Good luck!

If you are going to be trail riding it first, get tow hooks front and hitch rear. Nothing like getting stuck and not having any place to get pulled from.

I have MOst of the recovery stuff, i have had to get pulled out MANY times before. I think its kinda fun. my only mistake is i tend to go out alone and my worst "stuck" was about Two miles in and two miles from The closest House which was my G/F. She was with me. four miles of walking with your g/f after a tranny blow out isnt fun. take my word for it.
thanks for your input guys i appreciate it. It deffinetly helps me with planning.

:firedevil <-----i just liked it

Back