• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Why won't the upper control arm bolt line back up?

philip_g

NAXJA Forum User
Trying to do the lift on my front end and cannot for the life of me get the UCA bolt back through. The axle needs to rotate towards the rear of the car or the arm is too short.
I can get one side through but it throws the other side out so it won't go through the damn UCA

I've tried pulling it back with a ratchet strap, beating on it, loosening the LCA on both sides, raising the axle on the side I'm having trouble, lowering the other side, nothing will get this damn thing back together.

Going to take a drill to it shortly.

Use a jack on the coil spring bucket in the front. That will tilt the axle towards the rear. I always have to wrestle them back into place with the jack and ratchet straps.

been there done that dude. I've stuffed it up against the bump stop and no luck.

was it even necessary to remove the thing to get the coils in?

Ya got to hold your mouth just right. I use a portapower ram, don't happen to have one of those laying around do ya???:jester:

old_man said:
Ya got to hold your mouth just right. I use a portapower ram, don't happen to have one of those laying around do ya???:jester:

No but I have a 10" c-clamp and I hadn't thought to try and clamp it through. Beating on it is so much more calming. hasta
I'll give that a shot, that's not a half bad idea as close as I have it.

This lift is so not worth it.

You need to put a bottle jack under the "very" front of the spring bucket!Are the arms adjustable?

RCP Phx said:
You need to put a bottle jack under the "very" front of the spring bucket!Are the arms adjustable?

negative. stock UCAs.

I've no idea why the rusty's instructions say to remove them. I should have left them alone and used spring compressors

kakirubi said:
Try putting the tires back on and roll the truck back and forth till it rotates into place. Worked for me.
last resort.. I'll try it.

Think I broke a finger messing with it so I'm done for the night and maybe a couple days if I end up having to get xrays tomorrow.

it took 2 ratchet straps, 2 jacks and a BIG prybar with the help of a BFH to get mine back in. If it comes out again I am dumping $$ on adjustable CA's. I asked my shop what they do and they said lift, 2 trans jacks and lots of BFH.

Been there, good luck with the finger.

Back