• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steam from leak at back of engine...

Back of the engine is a bit vague, but there is a freeze plug on the rear of the head that has been known to spring a leak.

old_man said:
Back of the engine is a bit vague, but there is a freeze plug on the rear of the head that has been known to spring a leak.
Thanks...my middle name is vague:laugh: anyway...it looks now to actually be front passenger side and gurgles/ sounds like someone taking a leak in the jon when i shut it down.

That would smell different:D

cracked heater control valve, hole in heater hose, loose clamps on heater hose to heater core, cracked overflow bottle???

I would much rather change the hoses and the water pump ANY day, than have to screw with the ball joints, and the stuff that comes off before you even GET to the ball joints. Good luck, and remember, somebody went to collage to learn how to design that pita!

Back