• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

low budget lift

erniesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Can anybody help me out on how to build up my xj.But im on a relly tight budget so i was wondering if you could give me a list of parts on how you would build it and some pictures on how it would look...

1549994617_l.jpg

Shop around for some used front springs, probably some 3-4" lift ones. Add a spacer for more lift. For the rear, search Bastard pack, and get some lift shackles. You could do a block, but not reccomended all the time. You can do a RE hack n tap, or a PORC SYE, and run a front shaft in the rear.

If you want to wheel it hard, better carry spares. Axleshafts, DS, TRE's, maybe a hub, along with the other essentials.

What kind of terrain do you wheel hard on?

erniesXJ said:
But the biggest thing is i wana wheel it pretty hard...35 inch tires
get a better job, make more money, spend it on broken parts

your goal doesnt match your budget much. 35's on a budget job, not a great idea.

you might wanna think more along the lines of 31-32's and a shackle, add a leaf, lower control arms, 4.5" coils, and some cheap shocks...

something like what i am running would work ok for ya...im assuming you're going to be spending time in the browns camp sort of terrain? I am running your basic shackle, add a leaf rear, and coils, lower control arms, and a track bar...cheap shocks.

piece it together...if you're in the portland area and decide on parts drop me a message, ill help you track down what i can.

Back