• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Having trouble removing Gen2 Swaybar Discos

BIGSLVRXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys, long story short, I bent one of my Gen2 swaybar discos and I decided I'll probably run with something else for a while. I'm trying to remove the things completely but I can't figure out how to get the stub out of the axle mount. Is this the part that you have to use the special tool for? Like a pitman arm puller or something? I tried just unbolting it and it's loose enough to where it'll almost let me turn it by hand but it doesn't back out. I tried using a hammer but it just mushrooms it.
Disco2.jpg

Disco1.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a tard this should be in mod tech. Ooops

Last edited:
KarlVP said:
Holy Rust factory!!!

Anywho... heat it (it being the bracket, not the pin) with a propane or Mappgas torch then hammer it out.
Hahahaha yeah it is. That's what 17 years of road salt has done to a D30. Anyway a hammer will get it out? Do I need to unthread it at all, or are there any threads there?

It's all good I got them out. I figured out there is a bolt and the part protruding actually acts like a nut. The bolt threads into the sleeve type deal. Hope someone else finds this thread useful in the future...it was a short one.
Disco3.jpg

Last edited:
I stuck a craftsman torx head T25 I think or whatever the biggest size that will fit through the hole to help hold the stub in place. Then I heated them up because I used red lock tight. 3/4 inch socket and a breaker bar if you bend the torx head return it to sears

Back