• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

231 207 front output interchange?

does anyone know if the yoke style 231 front output is the same spline count (will it interchange with) as the flange style front output on the 207? ive got to get rid of this GKN CV joint and I dont want to swap a 231 in. thanks, Matt

Yes....I did it with mine....the only problem will be that the threaded part of the output shaft will stick out too far to clear the u-joint....i took a die grinder and an abrasive wheel and ground the excess off. Take your time and dont get it too hot from grinding.

Also, if you happen to be running around a 3-4" lift, you can use the front driveshaft from an S-10 4x4 to connect to the axle. These things have some pretty thick tubing, very nice amount of travel, and a MONSTER slip yoke thickness. Not to mention fairly cheap, as hardly anyone ever buys them in a junkyard. 1310 U-joints on both ends, too. Not too bad for less than $30 (around here, anyway).

Back