• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front coils XJ vs ZJ

Americanpower

NAXJA Forum User
I have just finished installing my RE adjustable track-bar on my XJ and I saw that the sway-bar link rubber is rubbing on the coil spring on the driver side.
I have a set of Zj coil spring and I don't know if they are just longer, or if they have a larger diameter.Someone ?

From what I know ZJ coils are the same diameter but will end up giving your XJ a small lift, bout 1.75 if as compared to stock coils as the actual coils are closer together than those for the XJ. If you plan on doing that you may have to do something to the rear to level it out.

Americanpower said:
I have just finished installing my RE adjustable track-bar on my XJ and I saw that the sway-bar link rubber is rubbing on the coil spring on the driver side.
I have a set of Zj coil spring and I don't know if they are just longer, or if they have a larger diameter.Someone ?

How much did you lift. ZJ springs are no bigger. Angles can change and rubs can occur. It is not that uncommon. I am more concerned that it is only rubbing on one side. Are you SURE your axle is centered. I had a rub on my springs, but I knew it was because of my lift. Got an adjustable TB, centered everything up, no more rub on one side. Don't mean to point out the obvious but...

Is the rub just a general rub, or does it only happen during certain flexing/action?

Back