• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Dimming Side mirrors

Tready619

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 2000 XJ Sport. I was wondering if there was a way to dim the side mirrors or something to do to make the headlights behind and on the side of me a lot less brighter? I live in Northern Va and work in Dc. There is always someone there and it's quite annoying. I did a search and came up with nothing. Replies are appreciated. Thanks

we used the blue window tint on my brother's vee-dub-ya a few years back and it worked well and loooked good to boot. he had to pull it off for inspection though...

Got powered mirrors? I usually just tweak them out a bit when people are behind me. Tinting could work also, check with local laws though.

Do you mean those mirrors I have seen on some caddys and other high end luxury cars that have the LCD backing ? They have a little sensor in the bottom of the mirror that when light of a certain intensity hits it the LCD comes on dimming it to gray. I've seen them on Lincolns, Rolls and Bentleys but not for a few years, they never seemed to catch on for some reason.

Back