• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

89 to93

triple 4

NAXJA Forum User
This might sound strange but I am going to put a 89 4.0 into a 93 cke. We are going to build a strocker out of the 4.0 ho, and the 89 4.0 is a good motor.
I am using the trans, computer, wire harness, out of the 89. Am I going to have trouble with the dash wire harness? or anything else?
I have 4 ckes, 2 mjs,1 j-20, 2- 50 willys pk ups, 1 willys wagon, and buku parts.

thanks

You should not.

You can probably simplify things by putting the HO head on the RENIX short block, building up the HO short block into a stroker, and then swapping the HO head back over to the HO short block. This will allow you to maintain your intake, and the sensors that the PCM is used to. The head will swap right over, and the AMC242 used the same head gasket from 1987 to at least 2001...

The main difference you're going to run into otherwise is that the RENIX will have the provision for a knock sensor (down on the driver's side oil sump rail) and it was deleted by ChryCo - so you can either not use the hole, or leave the sensor in (and disconnected) to preserve the threads.

5-90

Back