• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

control arms rattle

chopperz

NAXJA Forum User
I bought rough countrys 6.5 x-series suspension and ever since it was installed the front control arms rattle and make noise through the cab evertime i hit the smallest bump. I went under the front several times to see if anything is loose and everything was always tight. the arms where always full of greese also like they are suppost to be. the kit required to use the stock bolts,would the new steel sleeves that slide through the rubber bushings be bigger than the bolt allowing a rattling noise. oh yah i also took the quick disconnects off and it still did the same thing. sombody please help this is driveing me crazy.

THERE IS NO JAM NUTS. THEY JUST THREAD INTO EACH OTHER ON BOTH SIDES

TheManch said:
im not too farmiliar with the control arms on that kit but if they are adujastable check your jam nuts.

Mike

Did you grease up the rubber bushings and stuff the control arms full of grease? When I mean full I mean to the point where grease is sqwishing out from everywere. It's a very common thing people forget to do, and what you described is a direct result of this. Go nuts on the grease in the bushing and control arms, you won't do any harm to them.

look for play in the threads of the control arms by hitting them with your palm, if there is ANY play, get jam nuts. and make sure they are tight, i would also suggest loosening the jam nuts, if you plan on a day of articulation, that will save your bushings, and allow for smoother articulation.

Back