• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stak Dana 300

JohnX

Sarge
NAXJA Member
Anyone get one of these yet? I'm in the market and thought it looked purty good. Just wondering if anyone has installed or run one in their XJ yet?

Mostly curious about the shifter setup, and how close it is to "bolt in". My jeep has full interior, including center console, and I want it to stay that way. Twin sticks fit through the floor without major surgery? Do they offer a cable setup? Also, if you did it, did you get the YJ sticks or the universals?

http://www.stak4x4.com/d300_transfer_case.htm

I will be honest with you John.. I like STAKS stuff. ALOT! I am kinda leaning to not getting an Atlas or Stak 3speed and getting the 300. Smaller, lighter, and cheaper.

Let us know what details you get.

Well heres the scoop. I called today and was informed that they have no special shifters for the XJ. They have no cable setup as of yet, but it is in R&D right now. Here is the real problem. They do not even have them inproduction yet :( They said that I should expect to see the first shipment roll out in mid February. That gives me no time for install and shaft making before Calico :( So new plan is to fix the 231, wheel it once at Calico, Sell it, and install my new stak 300.

I will of course take plenty of pics and post them here.

Anybody picked one up? According to what JohnX said they should be coming out soon.
My NP231 just went south on me. Guess I should've replaced the chain when the SYE was done 4 months ago. Ouch. So I could rebuild the 231, or move up. Not sure I want to go with the STaK 2 speed with the trouble Capt. Nemo's had, nor do I want to have to do too much modification to the floor. I've got the TnT Y links, so space is at a premium with the belly pan. I thought I'd go with the small box and solid gears of the 300.

GreenGhost said:
Anybody picked one up? According to what JohnX said they should be coming out soon.
My NP231 just went south on me. Guess I should've replaced the chain when the SYE was done 4 months ago. Ouch. So I could rebuild the 231, or move up. Not sure I want to go with the STaK 2 speed with the trouble Capt. Nemo's had, nor do I want to have to do too much modification to the floor. I've got the TnT Y links, so space is at a premium with the belly pan. I thought I'd go with the small box and solid gears of the 300.

I would say just find a cheapie tcase for the time being and wait for the 300. I would REALLY wait. I am.

I am leaning towards this after the trouble Capt. Nemo has had with the STaK case, and fitment issues should be less due to its size and weight. The only drawback that I can see right now is they only offer a 3.8:1 low range in the D300.

Cornfed-87XJ said:
I am leaning towards this after the trouble Capt. Nemo has had with the STaK case, and fitment issues should be less due to its size and weight. The only drawback that I can see right now is they only offer a 3.8:1 low range in the D300.
3.8 thats exactly what I wanted.

I don't have one yet, and won't for awhile. Money seems to disappear around here? I'm pretty sure it will be my choice, but not likely until next year.

Couldn't wait for the 300.

IMG_0810_1.jpg

Took it for a test-toast today... delicious. Got the 3.8 and dug the crawl speed with the 4.0L and AW4.
Had to have a hole cut in the TnT belly pan to get it to fit. It just kissed the pan, and doesn't hang below it with the hole. You can see the hole in the pick. On the plus side I can get to the drain plug now without taking off the belly pan. I might have another piece of 1/4 inch welded on to cover most of the hole.
Haven't heard from Stak about the 300s coming out. Anybody grabbed one yet?
This is my first attempt at posting a pic, have mercy if I flubbed it.

GreenGhost said:
Anybody grabbed one yet?
This is my first attempt at posting a pic, have mercy if I flubbed it.
Not me, still waiting to see what I break next. If the next break is the box, then I will definetely get the stak 300, but i won't be spending a dime on it until it breaks again.

BTW, pic is perfect.

Back