• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

yellow abs light

my65289stang

NAXJA Forum User
If the yellow abs light comes on, is there a code reader that can say what exactly in the abs system is not functioning properly? Similar to a check engine light? If so, do I need to have the dealer do it or can auto zone or somewhere similar pull the code for me?

Thanks
96 XJ 4.0 4X4

my65289stang said:
If the yellow abs light comes on, is there a code reader that can say what exactly in the abs system is not functioning properly? Similar to a check engine light? If so, do I need to have the dealer do it or can auto zone or somewhere similar pull the code for me?

You should be able to use the Autozone freebie code read to get it, but it'll likely be one of the 'extended' codes that're specific to each vehicle. Once you've got it just dig up the code list (it's out there somewhere, but I can't remember where) and go from there.

Quick thought: have you checked your barke fluid level? My ABS light has come on before when it's been a bit low on fluid due to worn pads / shoes.

Last edited:
I wasn't aware that a code was thrown when the ABS light comes on.

I dont have ABS so i dont have to worry about it, but it's still interesting to know.

99XJSPORT06 said:
I wasn't aware that a code was thrown when the ABS light comes on.

I seem to remember that it is - but that it's a model-specific code, not one of the standard OBDII codes. Of course, I've been wrong before, so perhaps someone else may be able to clear this up.

haha, i have a crossed wire in my ABS somewhere that makes that light come on all the time. im in trouble if it isnt on! i have kinda gotten used to it by now, its kinda comforting somehow...

Back