• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cracked Banks header

villestrip

NAXJA Forum User
So i've had an exhaust leak for about a month and I just went in to the muffler shop that installed it and found out it was cracked at the Y. Bad weld i believe. Anyways whats the best way to warranty the header and has anybody had a problem getting it warrantied.

villestrip said:
So i've had an exhaust leak for about a month and I just went in to the muffler shop that installed it and found out it was cracked at the Y. Bad weld i believe. Anyways whats the best way to warranty the header and has anybody had a problem getting it warrantied.
No problem with the warranty, before I sold my TJ I was on my 2nd Banks and 4th header. The problem for me was that the TJ was a DD and I had to wait a week to get the new header. Banks would not ship the new one until I sent them the old one. I filled out the registration form, and called the number on the perforated end of that form. I have heard that some vendors that sell Banks have cut some folks a break and shipped them a new header right away, but that was not my experience.

Last edited:
I had my Banks on my YJ crack, their warantee is awesome, totally painless. Basically they sent me a whole new unit right off the shelf. They made good on a faulty part and didn't have excuses, hard to find service like that these days. I'll stick with banks.

Back