• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bored Throttle Body from Ebay?

I've got that same one, only problem I had with it is somtimes it will stick a bit when you let off the gas quickly. Halved throttle shaft means that the shaft that holds the butterfly (round bronze thing) is cut in half, its the peice that runs in the middle of the butterfly, instead of it running on both sides of the throttle body it just runs along one side (bottom of butterfly) leaving the top flush. Just smooths out air flow a tiny bit. Might give you a massive 0.1 hp more.

Just at the Hardware store but that wont help you much as where I live! But is does not have to be that size as it conforms to the size you stick it in anyway so larger or smaller is fine as you only use it for the clean up.

peleejosh said:
So do you think its the halved shaft that makes it stick? Would the one from artsound be better?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jeep-4-0-HO-62mm-Throttle-Body-Cherokee-Wrangler-Grand_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33558QQihZ018QQitemZ280064625134QQrdZ1

Or the 60mm from jeepers and creepers?

Not really shure, I think it might be just the machining job the guy did. It also whistled really bad when i first got it, some emery cloth fixed that. Haven't had the sticking problem for some time know though, seemed to go away once winter hit.

Back