• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3 water pumps in one year?

canadianwheeler

NAXJA Forum User
I am going on my 3rd water pump this year. I have been using manufactured water pumps which might be the problem? I have checked the belt and it does not seem over tightened which i thought was the problem. Any other ideas why i keep going through water pumps every few months?

canadianwheeler said:
I am going on my 3rd water pump this year. I have been using manufactured water pumps which might be the problem? I have checked the belt and it does not seem over tightened which i thought was the problem. Any other ideas why i keep going through water pumps every few months?
Get a brand new one and flush your cooling system if you haven't already. The new ones are only like $35, it's well worth it for the piece of mind IMO.
-Collin

and get a belt tensioner guage, it's worth the $15 at napa. It's very hard to guage the tightness of a serpentine belt.

canadianwheeler said:

What goes wrong with them?

langer1 said:
What goes wrong with them?

I cant recall if they all sqweeled first but i did notice the leak on all the on the lower rad house. When they are removed the insides look the have been all chewed up and corroated.

if the insides look all chewed up and corroded then I would imagine there's some nasty stuff impacting the impeller.

I posted this as well on a local forum board and it seems this brand "Venco" has a long history of water pumps only lasting a few months at a time.

I work in an automotive repair shop up here in Canada and I have had no luck at all with fenco crap, whether its a oil pump,waterpump or cv axles. Its all rebuilt crap,You will have to change it and our jobber will only give us is $20.00 Canadian an hour for shop warranty rate.doesn't even pay our mechanics. It is only a fraction more for new manufactured parts that will last.

Back