• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stabilizer Question

Cherokeekid88

NAXJA Forum User
Had some problems with my jeep so i took it over to my Mechanic and need new water pump , new u joints in the front d Shaft, new altenator and all thats fine but i got a Skyjacker steering stabilizer for X mas and i was just gonna get him to put that on for me cuz i know that the Old stabilizer is pressed into the draglink and i dont have a pitman arm puller or tie rod separator and was just gonna get him to do it, well he called me up and said that it looks like theres a bracket missing... I put the stabilizer together so that he wouldnt have to...I am placing this new stabilizer on my factory draglink (i guess) Wont it just bolt right up????????????

I installed one about 3 weeks ago on my 93 and it bolted right up, well sort of. After lots of fire from a torch and air tools to get the old one off the new Skyjacker stabilizer bolted right up. No puller or pickle fork needed.
Maybe you got a misbox that was missing the new bracket???

what bracket? I put a new one on mine last night,there wasn't a bracket with the new one,didn't have to take the stock bracket off to put the new one on,the new stabilzer bolted right up.

Yeah i figured it out, the cotter pin is what threw me off. And BTW that stabilizer is awesome. Anyone who said they dont do anything were wrong. i can feel a 100% difference, so much smoother

Cherokeekid88 said:
Anyone who said they dont do anything were wrong.
It's not that they don't 'do' anything; it's that they're not necessary if your steering linkage is set up properly. All a stabilizer will do is serve as a band-aid and hide what's wrong with your steering.

Cherokeekid88 said:
i can feel a 100% difference, so much smoother
Then there's something not right with your steering, and the stabilizer is hiding it.

Back