• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy open carriers for Hp30/8.25?

So all your looking to do is regear? Just go to Yukon or some of the other gear companies for their rack and pinion kits.

begster said:
So all your looking to do is regear? Just go to Yukon or some of the other gear companies for their rack and pinion kits.

I was told by the shop that'll be doing the setup that I need new carriers front and rear.

If your switching out the carriers then get lockers for your Jeep, but other than that, I'll let the big guys who have have more experience with gearing take this one.

begster said:
If your switching out the carriers then get lockers for your Jeep, but other than that, I'll let the big guys who have have more experience with gearing take this one.

Why do all that and remain where you are? At least get an LS for the 8.25.

I have a lockright and a powertrax no-slip going in. But the shop said regardless, they require that I replace the carriers even if I didn't have to. Something about their warranty policy. I just need to know who sells them as the shop said they cant get them for me.

You only NEED a new carrier for the D30.The carrier is the same for the 8.25.

I believe I got my D30 carrier from Rocky Road. Some people have issues with RRO, but I didn't have a problem.

$49 http://rocky-road.com/xjdrive.html

Thanks. I knew I didn't need them, but it's that or let their 90 day warranty slide. Figure it's worth it cause it's an unconditional warranty and I'm likely to break it in the first 90 days as anytime. ;)

teookie said:
I hope you mean ring and pinion...
Ya I wasn't paying attention, you knew what I ment.

techno1154 said:
Why do all that and remain where you are? At least get an LS for the 8.25.
What are you talking about? Lockers are better than LS? I think not. I don't get how putting in lockers would be remaining where you are and instead you should downgrade to a LS.

Back