• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rusty's 4.5 INCH Lift

Yes, they aren't similiar quality. If you search around on here, you will find tons of people complain about their Rusty's components craping out on them. Too much caster on the control arms, track bar stripping out, etc, not to mention they complain about the poor customer service they recieve and missing or delayed parts arrivals. Rubicon is a heavier duty brand that has more complete components, and better quality and customer service. If you can spring the money, go for RE.

I haven't ever heard anything BAD about Rusty's customer service... If anything, I've heard the complete opposite. They have always been very helpful and I've heard that from many people. The only thing that I can say that Rusty's messed up on for me (among my huge order) was my exhaust kit. They accidently sent me a flowmaster 50 instead of a 40. They were very quick about sending me the correct one... overnight for that matter. I have a new 4.5 full pack kit and have no complaints about it thus far. Good luck :)

I've had a few horror stories with Rustys. They messed up almost every order I sent them and on top of that they sent me some faulty products. I will say that the leaves I got from them worked very well and still ride/flex quite nice. Stay away from them if you can, I swapped parts out to RE and there is a MAJOR difference, honest to god.

-AR

As much as I dislike Rusty's Offroad, I'll concede that many people say he was very quick to correct their orders.

But that doesnt change the fact that nearly every damn person that posts up they run Rusty's stuff, had to have him correct their order. ;)

Let's not start another +/- Rusty's thread. PLEASE

I have an RE lift but MANY Rusty's parts and doo-dads. (Tie Rod, engine mounts, bushings, yokes, air tube, etc...)

Service, shipping and response has always been TOP NOTCH. You call, and everyone I have talked to, including the man himself has alway been, polite, and helpful and concerned about my issue.

Bad and good service is a very subjective opinion. Depending on how "hard" you wheel, whether your junk is a DD or a Trailer Queen, how well anything holds up depends on how you drive on what terrain.

Under the right conditions, dosen't matter the brand, EVERYTHING BREAKS! :confused1

thanks for the opinions. shipping problems I can deal with, but, engineering, design, materials, and workmanship ought to be top notch for all of us. consider not just the $$$ laid out, but the hours of work, broken knuckles, and the desire to have stuuf work well and last. IMO. :viking:

I've had my Rusty's 4.5 kit for almost 2 years now. Very pleased. I don't know about shipping, because I drove down and picked up my parts. Hey, they threw in some decals and hat free.

I have a RE and never had any problems with it thus far... everything came in good time and i got all the needed parts... Everything i hear of RE is generally good talk. good luck

I bought this lift for my '01 2 years ago. This was my first lift and overall I thought it was a decent kit. It rode a little rougher, but that's expected when changing a stock suspension.

The instructions were crap. I am very mechanically inclined but since that was my first lift I wasn't sure where things went, and had to figure it out with my dad who's been a mechanic for 30 years. The instructions should be written so even a daddy's girl could figure it out if she had a gun to her head. I felt the brake line brackets were really cheesy, about the same quality any person can make in 20 minutes in a high school metal shop. Other than that the springs, track bar, and control arms seemed to be good quality. There's my $.02.

Back