• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front bumper opinion

Zice

NAXJA Forum User
alright its simple...

Im getting a new bumper and I was pretty much set on the JCR stage 3 bumper BUT I recently saw the rigid co bumper and its around the same price and I think I might like it better... but I have only seen the pictures on the site so this is a poll without a poll because I dont know how to do them here yet :D

JCR offroad stage 3 bumper
http://www.jcroffroad.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1XJFST3&Category_Code=XJB
silver2.jpg

OR

The Rigid CO FbLTD bumper
http://www.rigidco.com/products.htm (bottom one)
web3_FbLTDon92XJlowerleftfront_640_256c_P8020013.jpg

alright opinon time now... (if you would like to include pictures of your rig with one of these bumpers feel free... please keep it as un biased as possible and if you are firmilar with these companies feel free to tell me about customer service and how hard the ordering process is... (the rigid co site looks confusing for ordering...)

thanks....

bro...... i'd go with jcr. they do a great job. i got the first bumper on the site, with the big tube around the grill. it is a stout bumper. 1/4 in thick is nothing to complain about. try buying one of of them through ebay, you can save about $60. the service is great and for $10 he can tap the bumpers for hella 500's. i'v been satisfired with mine, and you don't really need the extra stuff to tie the bumper into the frame, unless you really think you'll need it. it comes unpainted, so you can make it any color you want, the welds are smooth, i believe i'll bend the frame befor i can put a dent in the jcr bumper. i know about five people who do serious offroading and own the bumpers, these things don't budge an inch. now i'm not to sure about the other bumper. but i thoroughly enjoy the one i have. take your pick. it's all up to what you want.

cant go wrong with ridgid or JCR. I consider JCR local (they are 2 1/2 hours west of me in michigan) they have an awsome reputation on local 4x4 and jeep boards. Cant say i ever heard a bad thing about them.

I love terrys designs at ridgid and I am also torn between who to order from. I really like the bracing on the ridgid front bumper. Maybe someone can post a pic of that if you havent seen it. Its pretty well though out and darn near over kill ..... just my style :)

Only dilema is terry is very overwhlemed with orders and i have heard it takes 3-4 months or more from time you place order to it gets to your door.

I would take that into consideration. If time doesnt matter you cant go wrong both are very very good values compared to the big name over priced underbuilt outfits out there.

also slightly in favor of ridgid is paraphrased here in an email from terry at rigid:

"We can extend the FbG bumper about 1 1/4 inches forward, alter the face plate gussets, replace the receiver with a cable slot and use a reinforcing plate behind the oem bulkhead.
This will allow the mounting of a non-integrated-controller winch to our reinforced bulkhead reinforcing plate. It looks like almost all of the non-integrated winches, ie. Warn M8000, MM E9000, etc will work.
We've given the new bumper the designation 'FbXw' and are calling it 'Sneaky Pete'."

i really like the idea of a hidden hitch, the slim looking from and good approach angles.

Last edited:
I have a JCR front bumper too. It has worked out great for me. Plain and simple: GET THE TIE-IN BRACKETS if you plan on using it for recovery. Your unibody won't like you with just the stock mounting points if you pull on it too hard.

motorcity- so the ridgid bumpers come with tie-in braces?

I really really like the design of the rigid co how it angles down on the bottom and how it sticks out farther than the JCR... it looks like you get more for your money...

BUT I really dont like the fact of waiting for 3 months... the reason I need a new bumper is because I assholed someone and mine is smashed... soo yea I really cant wait 4 months...

as do I but I cant afford it... a little info on me im a senior with a decent paying summer job (for a kid) and then I work during school at a close to minimum wage job to pay for gas and such but I have recently gotten some new payments from accident cost to multiple fines so I cant afford the best at the moment... but I wont settle for stock :D

Zice said:
motorcity- so the ridgid bumpers come with tie-in braces?

I really really like the design of the rigid co how it angles down on the bottom and how it sticks out farther than the JCR... it looks like you get more for your money...

BUT I really dont like the fact of waiting for 3 months... the reason I need a new bumper is because I assholed someone and mine is smashed... soo yea I really cant wait 4 months...

yeah i looked briefly on the rigid site, couldnt find them i am sure they are posted in another post, the framing bracing and the tie in brackets are quite extensive. Every available hole is used i think the rear bumper uses 16 bolts or more and the front is 8 or 10 bolts.

i have some saved on my hard drive PM me your email and i will email them to you i would post them but dont have anywhere to host the files.

motorcity- i got the files and im still confused... does the rigid bumper include tie ins of some sort? or sufficant brackets that you wouldnt need tie ins?

sorry for all the questions but Im just curious

Zice said:
motorcity- i got the files and im still confused... does the rigid bumper include tie ins of some sort? or sufficant brackets that you wouldnt need tie ins?

sorry for all the questions but Im just curious

The Rigidco bumper has a bulkhead plate that goes in front of the oem bulkhead, it ties into the two outer plates along the sides-which incorporates the original bumper bolts plus the steering box bolts on the drivers side and the rear most bolt. Alot of companies have similar designs (Rocklizard, Rigidco, Poisonspyder, C-rok) but the only companies that has the bulkhead plate is Rigidco and C-rok. Thats why I went with Rigidco's bumper-but you can't go wrong with the others that I've mentioned.

Another vote for Rigid. I have their FbW and RbM bumpers and couldn't be happier. Excellent quality. If you are in a hurry, get the JCR. Otherwise, Rigid is well worth the wait.

I have the JCR Stage IV and it works for me. Bumped trees in south GA and rocks in Iceland....I even had to get pulled (snatched) off a ledge and it is still just fine. I don't have tie-in's but put them on the list...just in case...

I like JCRs stuff, but I just placed an order for a RigidCo bumper becasue I like the styling a little more, but mainly bacuse of there mounting system...it just can't be beat. Terry said their bulkhead really stiffins up the front end.

FYI, if you order a RigidCo now you should get in in September, thats what I was told.

Back