• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

broken sway bar link. where to get a new one?

cjben

NAXJA Forum User
putting a 3 inch lift on my 92 xj and broke a front sway bar link trying to get the nut off:( Do any chain stores sell new links or am I going to have order it from somewhere? just broke about 10 minutes ago,too late to go somewhere tonight and ask around. I looked on the autozone website,and they have nothing that is called a sway bar link. I really don't have time to lest the jeep sit while I wait on mail order parts. If all else fails guess I could go to the stealership in the morning and get raped for a set of them.(only one broke,but I haven't gotten to the other side yet,so might as well plan on replacing therm both) Is there another name for it? thanks again,Ben

Check the junk yards in the area for a stock replacement. They should be cheap and I highly recommend getting some kind of disconnects. After my 4" lift I thought I could skimp on not getting new sway bar end links. What happed was the stock links become way too short and they ended up rubbing on my coils so I bit the bullet and went with the JKS and haven't looked back since. The disconnect feature is really quick and easy. I am very happy with my decision. So hopefully you can find a cheap stock replacement at a junk yard to keep it on the road while you wait for your new disconnect end links.

Your best bet for that type of thing would be the salvage yard. I don't know if you have a pick and pull around you somewhere or anything similar. It is possible to drive around without the front sway bar bolted down but I wont recommend it just for liability concerns. Theres a few guys that run without.

Hope this helps.

ecarlcl

i have a set of adjustable disco's that you can have for $50 plus a few bucks for shipping. I used them for about 3-4 wheelin trip and just took the sway bar off.

I don;t drive it on the street.

They are JKS adjustable from 3"-6" of lift.
shoot me an email if you want them:
[email protected]

well,removing the sway bar totally is not happening,I use the jeep for a DD and haul my kids in it from time time when I have them on the weekends and on camping trips. Not going to take a chance without it. is there a Jeep dealer website for parts so I could get an idea of what the stock ones would cost? thanks for your offer kewlkatdaddy,i will keep it in mind,but I really don't need quick disconnects,the jeep is not wheeled hard,only mud and snow,not much flexing.

Back