• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Budget boost on top of RE 3.5" lift?

r00

NAXJA Forum User
Pretty much what the title says. I did some searching and couldn't really find what I'm looking for. I installed a RE 3.5" lift on my jeep when I got it a couple of months back and put 32s on it. There seems to be some slight rubbing on full turns and that's after doing a little of cutting. Since 1.5" budget boosts only run about $112, I think I can spare that much to save from rubbing and get a nice 5" total lift.

My question here is, is this safe? To stack the spacers and shackles on top of an already lifted jeep? I think many people do this but I'm not certain.

Thanks

it would be preferrable to have adjustable control arms. if you have stock uppers, i wouldnt recommend it, but even if you have all 4 RE fixed arms, you can get away with it.

-Tim

cut more and adjust your stearing stops, also add bumpstops, also what backspacing do you have on your wheels?

sounds like we have run into the same thing... looking to do the same exact thing as you are, actually running the same size tires and lift too. Nice to hear that it is possible. SYE? I was worried about vibes going much higher without a SYE.

i did the same thing added the spacers and shackle and a spacer in the rear
ended up get adj. uppers and an adj. trac bar and new pitman arm plus a sye, it rides great now too no vibes and no wondering on the street
good luck

Back