• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new t-stat....

blackdoutxj

NAXJA Forum User
hey a while ago, like 4-5 months ago i put on a ported t-stat housing a 180 stat and it runs great nice and cool, well about 2 weeks ago i was a auto shop (college) and my check light went on and i pluged it up and the readings were a cyl. misfire (no biggie), and it said my jeep was runnin too cold... now i know the motor needs to be at stock operating temp in order 4 the O2 sensers to work, but it wont affect the performance or duriblity of anything so should i change it back 2 a 195?! cuz it alwayz had the dam fan on.....and it runs GREAT with the 180 and ported housing!

if it says its runnin to cold then yea, you should probably go to a 195. however i wouldnt think 180 is TOO cold.

however if the cooling system can keep it at 180 without the fan on then it shouldnt need the fan on at 195 either. you could wire up a kill/on switch for the fan if it bothers you that much, so that its on with the sensors and such but if you feel like it you can kill it.

keep in mind that with the A/C on and functioning the stock elec fan is supposed to cycle on and off.

ya thats what i thought, but could i keep the 180 in with out damage?! i mean it wont do anything without the O2 sensors not on?! ya i my shop instructor told me that the lower tstats r used for horsepower like race cars and not used in the new computerized engines....because i thought that was dumb if they sold em for the new cars and your not supposed to use them!!! thanks 4 the help though!

Back