• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

using hi-lift jack with stock bumpers?

whatevah

It's Yellah!
I was given a hi-lift for Christmas, and trying to figure out what I'm going to do with it now...

Will the stock bumpers withstand using the jack? seems to me that they'd bend, plus it doesnt appear that they would be in enough contact with the jack to keep it from slipping.

I've been looking at AJ's bumpers and the JCR bumpers, but hoping (in vain, I guess) that I could get away without them.

bummer.... basically what I expected.

I've got a hitch under the rear bumper, so I guess I'll start looking for either a front bumper or rocker guards.

thanks for the pic

I've hi-lifted mine on the front bumper on both the left and right sides where it's mounted to the rest of the vehicle and it holds if you're carefull.

ace_outlaw_08 said:
If u put the jack right where the bumper mount is it shouldn't bend
^^what he said, it doenst really bend, not to say it cant. just keep it next to the mounting locatiosn... and dont try it on the rockers... they WILL crush

I use it on the stock bumper as long as you are by the bumper mount I've done it 20+ times front and rear with no problems.

Not to hi-jack(no pun intended) but could you just weld/bolt a piece of 2"x2"x1/4" angle along the bottom of the bumper all the way across to help the bumper hold up or will it still buckle?

Back