• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Maybe for someone

CanMan said:
http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/pts/253709761.html

Could be good for someone looking to start off fresh. LP, possibly vacuum disco(?), No internals. But a Detroit and some Chromo shafts can fix that.
Yeah, that caught my eye too. It' been on pnwjeep.com since the weekend. I actually PM'd John Mathews about it:

Avanteone said:
Gears/install kit and labor, $350ish
Detroit, $500ish
Axle shafts, $250-300 stock /w spicer joints, $600-650 alloys and super joints (what I run)
Steering, depends what you wanna do. stock $50-100 and will work about as good as what you have now, $300-400 to do like I've got (crossover, etc.)
Actually, I think about it more we may be able to use your steering stuff you HAVE. Waggy is only 1" wider and I think there's plenty adjustment on your to get 1/2" out of each side. You would also be oddball bolt pattern (6lug). You could use all ford outers/brakes to get to 5 on 5.5" and use spacers in the rear ($100), but that would be another $200-300 in hubs, rotors, calipers, etc. The waggy's are good IF you do 'em front and rear and match bolt patterns or you convert the fr. to 5 lug. IF you were gonna do it, I would consider finding a waggy D44 rear and go 4.88's fr. and rr. and sell of your axles as a pair, OR just spend the money and convert the front to 5 lug.
All said and done, it's just too much money for me right now, as tempting as it is.

-----Matt-----

Yea, I wouldn't go for the LP either. Already got the front DS a bit. Used shafts with new u joints(carry spares!), open carrier, some 5.13 gears, lunchbox locker, and some other misc parts, you could be in it for less than a grand, or a touch over.

Back