• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

For those with hood vents

steve-o

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone had a problem with getting their throttle body wet. Reason being my check engine light just came on and gave me codes dealing with the map sensor and the cruise control. Can't think of a reason why both at the same time. It was raining a lot down here recently?

With hood vents like these, it isn't a problem
mini-img_0018.jpg

I've been thru all of the elements for almost two years with LeBaron vents cut into my hood.

No problem with mine. Been through snow/rain for a year.

Glen

I have lebaron vents, My wife let it sit for a few months while I was overseas. MAP and TPS still good, but the throttle body had frozen up (corrosion inside and out.)

i have a vent that is louvers ( like hot rod style ) and i seem to go through tps like they are going out of style . i think i am on my 4th one in a year . i dont know if its related or not .

ive had mine on for about 4 months and havnt had a problem. i just made a under sheild today to keep water out.

i have lebaron vents, slightly farther back than most. it was fine for a few rainy monthes, than once after a storm i had to drive it home from the movies and it was running so bad i am suprised it didnt die, and i felt like i shouldnt have driven it at all.
now i try to keep them sealed in the rain and allways seal them in the mud

rstarch345 said:
With hood vents like these, it isn't a problem
mini-img_0018.jpg
wheredjugetthose?

Are they plastic or metal? Look like a very good mod!

Mine weren't over the throttle body so I can't tell you.

Back